…the Jews, liberals, outlaws and rebels are shooting beer can pyramids and dancing the hora, ’cause there’s gonna be a Jewish cowboy on the ballot come November!
Kinky Friedman went above and beyond the required 45,540 signatures needed to be an official candidate on the Texas gubenatorial ballot, turning in a whopping 169,574 written endorsements supporting his independent bid last week.
‘Course one of his three opponents, State Comptroller Carole Keeton Strayhorn, also running as an independent, turned in 223,000 signatures.
Commented the famously sharp-tongued Kinky: “Of course she’s got more signatures. She’s got all ex-husbands there.” (Apparently Strayhorn changes her last name with each husband; her Wikipedia entry counts at least three. Another strange fact: She’s the mother of Bush’s former press secretary Scott McClellan.)
All those autographs still need to be verified, but now it’s all over but the votin’!
Here’s 10 reasons to celebrate the fact that Kinky got his signatures:
(1) Kinky has run for office in the past as a Republican,
(2) Kinky voted for Bush/Cheney in 2004,
(3) Kinky’s interview with Ruminator magazine confirms that he supported Bush’s Middle East foreign policy,
(4) Kinky’s public voting records confirm he was mistaken when he said he voted for Gore in 2000,
(5) Kinky hasn’t voted for a Democrat in any election at least from 1994 to 2004,
(6) Kinky wants to take time during the school day for prayers in schools,
(7) Kinky wants to post the Ten Commandments in public school classrooms,
(8) Kinky is not obsessed with political correctness,
(9) Kinky knows how to deal with illegal aliens from Mexico, and
(10) Kinkys immigration policy of hiring Mexican generals to police our border is a great idea that John McCain has endorsed.
Simple Scotty’s mom is running for governor? Maybe that’s why the guy resigned from his white house post. There are alot of people connected to the Bushes in Texas still in power… the milk’s gone sour in texas!
I hope Kinky sends shockwaves through the political world and wins this one. Of those 10 reasons you forgot the part about Willie Nelson being in the governor’s mansion too!
OK. Kinky’s a nut and really got down with Kiny Friedman and the Texas Jewboys…but he’s one of the tribe and that’s still better than a Bush clone! Maybe we can “liberize” him!